Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a new parent. My interests are secularism, learning, parenting, religion, career planning, and adult education.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Welcome Bebo!

On November 29, 2010, we welcomed Natalie Elizabeth (aka Bebo) into our family.


I went into early labor on Thursday morning and experienced increasing pains at various intervals for the entire weekend. My labor stopped and started a few times, and most of it was back labour - neither my husband and I got much sleep leading up to the big day. Being a first time mom, I had some trouble deciding when to go to the hospital and as a result got sent home twice during the weekend, but then the real thing happened and the third time was a charm - on Monday morning I was admitted at 4 cm dilation at around 6 am. A few hours later I got an epidural - goodbye back labour!!!

Unfortunately, my labor stalled for over 6 hours and I was given a c-section. I am recovering nicely. Bebo had quite high levels of bilirubin (jaundice) due to an OA blood type incompatibility, and required photo therapy treatments. Bebo was a doll the whole time, only fussing for a few minutes after we had to put on the mask. Doesn't she look like a princess, in her little nest?





The nurses took great care of us and we are now both getting into the swing of things at home. We are soooooooo in love with our little Bebo (the nickname my husband gave my tummy during pregnancy has stuck!)


3 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWW! Look at all that HAIR! SWEET. Take care of yourself girl. Rule #1, you come first (if mommy sin't happy, no one is happy...it's SO true). #2 Hubby can always take babe while you are recovering and doing #1. #3 Get hubby used to doing #2. Hehe.

    Congratulations again. HUGS and love from Alaska!
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Bebo. I like it! And I love her. She is a doll and I am so excited to meet her ... And I second everything Kristin said. Somehow I suspect Will won't mind #2 at all!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and opinions. Personal attacks and spam will be deleted.